5.24.2012

California Eggs Benedict

This meal used to be a staple around our place for weekend brunch, and it had been a while since I'd made it.  Because I've been very short on time due to studying, and this is a quick and simple meal, I made it for dinner this week.  I cheat a bit and use a packet of Knorr Hollandaise sauce mix; it's easy to whip up and also probably healthier than making Hollandaise from scratch - you just add 1 cup of milk (I used 1%) and 1/4 cup of butter (I used half of that, although admittedly it tastes better with the full amount). 


I start with high-fiber low-calorie multi-grain english muffins, then top with sliced tomatoes and avocados:



I usually top with scrambled egg whites, but since I had some Omega-3 eggs, I used a 4 egg whites to 2 whole eggs mixture:


Top with Hollandaise sauce & eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...