1.19.2012

Spinach Feta Blood Orange Salad

I have not been able to stop thinking about this salad ever since reading Joy the Baker's post on the topic (that's kind of how I feel about everything she posts; it's one of my absolute favorite blogs for recipes and clever wit; she also has a cookbook coming out next month!)

This salad is simple, easy and elegant - It leaves a lot of room for adaptation, so I took the liberty of adding a few embellishments.  The main ingredients of course are the spinach, feta, blood orange and avocado.


The recipe adds sunflower seeds; I also threw in some pumpkin seeds and jumbo sized black raisins:


The juice from the citrus itself, tossed with some olive oil and freshly ground black pepper is all the dressing you need... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...