1.17.2012

Tom Binns Inspired Hand Painted Gems

Tom Binns' hand painted gems have inspired a tidal wave of some amazing DIYing; I just had to try my own hand at it this past weekend.  All you will need is some cheap costume jewelry and nail polish in the colors you'd like to paint your gems.

I scooped up this necklace at Forever 21 for under $8:


Given my attraction to all things neon, I already had the necessary nail polish palette for my project:


I tackled this necklace one strand at a time, carefully painting each gem (trying to avoid getting paint on the gem clasps).  I let each coat dry before finishing off with a second coat (or 3rd or 4th depending on the strength of the polish)


Here is my completed necklace; I can't wait to throw it on over a basic striped t-shirt to add some neon glam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...