3.21.2012

Ricotta Gnocchi

Gnocchi is one of my favorite Italian meals, however I'd never made it myself from scratch before.  I am used to having potato-based gnocchi, especially when buying pre-made versions from the grocery store.  When I saw this recipe, I was intrigued not only to try making it myself, but to see how different a flour-based version would taste.

The dough is very soft and moist, so it's important to have a lot of flour on your working surface in order to be able to roll it out:


Then, cut the gnocchi out of the dough and set aside for boiling:


Once cooked in boiling water, toss in seasoned browned butter (I didn't have rosemary so I used some thyme):

 


 This recipe was definitely tasty, but I think I prefer potato gnocchi - I'll have to try making that next time.  I served this with a salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, hearts of palm, baby corn, beets, avocado, raisins and sunflower seeds to hopefully help negate some of the cheese and butter fat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...