3.28.2012

Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk Cookies

We recently went to a delicious brunch in Santa Monica at Misfit, where every meal ends with  a soft, chewy, salted chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven.  I have been wanting to make some ever since, and the trend seems to be everywhere I look these days (like here and here).  

I used one of my newly discovered favorite recipes, Jacques Torres' Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies and then sprinkled each cookie with a heavy pinch of sea salt before baking.  What makes this recipe special is the use of bread and pastry flour rather than all-purpose flour.  I chopped up Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate bars rather than use chocolate chips.  The last time I made the full recipe, it made a ton of cookies, so this time I cut the recipe in half.  You could also just freeze some of the dough to bake later.

Make these cookies to help get your daily dose of chocolate; in case you hadn't heard, recent studies show that it's good for you! ;-)



I wrapped each cookie in a wax envelope sealed with some patterned tape:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...