12.29.2011

Affordable Bubbly

My favorite champagne by far is Veuve Clicquot - however, if you are hosting a NYE party, $40 a bottle may not be in your budget.  Here are some of my other favorite sparkling bottles that won't break the bank or result in the dreaded cheap champagne hangover...  There's absolutely nothing worse than a cheap champagne hangover - they tend to set in for me pretty much an hour after my first sip... 

 
Spanish Cava wines are a fantastic affordable alternative to champagne - one of my favorite cavas is the Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut - find it as low as $10 a bottle on sale at your local grocery store.

I discovered William Wycliff Vineyards Brut Champagne while on our honeymoon in Jamaica - I've never been able to find any at a retail store, but I've run into it since at a few different "bottomless champagne" brunch venues...  You can order it online by the case for as low as $5 a bottle!  This stuff is smooth and delicious without the cheap wine after-effects! It's amazing...
Korbel is always a safe bet for only $12 a bottle (I also love that it comes in mini bottles - these would be super cute for a midnight toast)

At half the cost of the Veuve (and from the makers of Cristal) the Roederer Estate Brut is a fancy but still much more affordable bottle to ring in the New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...