12.14.2011

Baked Mac and Cheese Balls

 Making doughnut holes earlier this week must have inspired my desire to create these mac and cheese balls... Since I think I've done enough deep frying for one week, I'm trying a baked version instead!


All you need to create this meal is to make your favorite mac and cheese recipe (like this one); when it has cooled, shape into balls, coat with an egg wash (1 egg & 1 Tbsp water) and cover in panko crumbs (I used the Italian seasoned variety). 


Bake on a lined baking sheet in a pre-heated oven set to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-20min or until the crumbs are golden/crispy on the outside.


You can serve alongside marinara sauce for dipping - I chose to serve them with some roasted tomato bisque... delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...