2.24.2012

Baking Bible

One of my dearest friends bought me Chez Panisse Desserts by Lindsey Remolif Shere for my birthday, and it just arrived on my doorstep.  I can already tell this is going to be my baking bible for life.  The beautifully written preface by Alice Waters will inspire and excite you to dig deep into this treasure.   The book itself is simple and sweet, mostly text with sporadic penciled sketches.  It feels like an old favorite paperback novel telling beautiful stories of baking lovely food from the heart.  Its recipes are designed to complement seasonal menus and are arranged in the book around their ingredients.

Chez Panisse first opened its doors in 1971  and is a well known restaurant in Berkeley (one of my favorite cities) which has always focused on local, organic, and seasonal foods.


From what I understand based on reading many reviews, the ice cream recipes are unparalleled - it may finally be time to invest in an ice cream machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...