2.23.2012

Vegan Sweet Potato Ravioli

When I'm looking for vegan recipes to try, I am drawn to those that aren't seeking to replace or substitute for an animal product - I feel the best recipes are delicious on their own and just happen to not include dairy or meat.  

The petite kitcheness echoes my sentiments with this recipe, which combines the sweetness of the potatoes and coconut milk with a nice spicy kick from the roasted chiles. 

My last attempt at making my own pasta was one big failure, so trying again was a bit risky.  I think using the semolina flour did the trick (the recipe I tried before used only all-purpose flour) - perfect this time!  The only thing is I am definitely buying now is a pasta machine.  Rolling the dough out by hand with the rolling pin took some serious exertion!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...