2.01.2012

Chickpea Cauliflower Curry

Keeping on with the Vegan meals, I thought this recipe was amazing.  To make it even healthier, I substituted cauliflower for most of the potatoes (I threw in one potato I had laying around - in fact, I thought the cauliflower was MUCH more delicious than the potatoes).  I made this after a long day at work, and it couldn't have been easier to throw together; it will definitely be going into the regular meal rotation!

You will need:
     2 cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) 
     1 can of roasted tomatoes with chiles
     Vegetable broth
     1 head of cauliflower
     1 onion
     Ginger 
     Olive oil
     Salt
     Ground Cumin
     Ground Coriander
     Cayenne Pepper


Saute the onions & ginger in the olive oil until golden (about 5 min).  Then add in all the spices and continue to cook for 2 minutes.


Next, add in all the other ingredients and simmer for about 35 min, or until the cauliflower/potatoes are tender


I made some wild rice to serve alongside the curry & topped it with plain yogurt (so that part wasn't Vegan... but at least it wasn't cheese, ok?!).  This curry is so hearty/filling, you really don't even need the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...