4.04.2012

Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes

There's no denying that Easter has some of the best seasonal treats all year.  Cadbury Creme Eggs and Robin's Eggs top my personal list of favorites.  I love the cuteness of marshmallow peeps, but have never really fully embraced them (although I do prefer them when they are stale).  

When I saw a link to these Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes on the Hip Hostess, I had to make them stat!  So adorable!

I had these cupcake liners I'd been waiting to use, and they couldn't be more perfect for Spring:


Use your favorite chocolate cake batter, or simply use a boxed mix.  Pour into cupcake liners and place a frozen mini Cadbury Creme Egg in the center, then cover with batter using a spoon.  Beginning with a frozen egg ensures you will still retain the creme center in your cupcake rather than have it completely melt away in the baking process.



Once the cupcakes have baked/cooled, you are ready to frost! Prepare some butter cream frosting and dye a portion of it yellow for decorating.



You can use a plastic zip lock bag to pipe the frosting - just fill the bag with frosting and snip a corner of the bag adjusting for the desired thickness of the frosting.


Now pipe a round of white frosting around the outside perimeter of the cupcake and fill in the center with the yellow frosting to duplicate the inside of a creme egg :-)


I topped my cupcakes with a mini solid Chocolate Cadbury Egg, but you could also use another mini Creme Egg to top them off (how pretty are these cupcake liners as you peel them away?)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...