4.12.2012

Matzo Ball Soup

Matzo Ball Soup is healthy comfort food at its finest.  It puts chicken noodle soup to shame!  I was feeling under the weather this past weekend, and making this soup set me straight.  I made it from scratch, but honestly, I've had much better, fluffier results using a boxed mix for the Matzo balls in the past.  I think the problem was that the recipe I used did not call for baking powder, which apparently is the key to fluffy Matzo Balls (my personal preference, some people prefer them firm).  I can only assume the boxed mix includes the necessary ingredients; and really, using the box mix is not very different from making it from scratch as far as the integrity of the ingredients...  You can upgrade the box mix by making your own chicken broth.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...