4.06.2012

Cookbook Distractions

I am currently in intense study mode for the last level of a certification I've been pursuing for years now; the exam is the CFA, and it has 3 levels of curriculum.  Each level's exam is offered only once a year.  Needless to say, it's a long road!  Last year, during study breaks, I ordered DIY and craft book after book, which of course just served to torture me in a corner as I had to focus my attention elsewhere.  

This year, the addiction has manifested itself in the form of ordering new cookbooks (Amazon Prime membership is such an enabler!).  I just received my order of Ad Hoc at Home, a Thomas Keller (of French Laundry and Bouchon fame) cookbook based on his more casual restaurant, Ad Hoc.  Just skimming through the book (since I should be studying!), I can already tell it will provide a real education to cooking technique along with delicious recipes.  

I may just find the time to try a few recipes before the test rolls around on June 2nd... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...